Thursday 19 November 2015

Cathy's Genie Story

The Deadly Bag That Also Brings  Good Luck

Monday 16 November 2015 12:00 PM
“Hel-!” There was no p. They had vanished. Someone had decided to take the risk. Again. Ok, I’ll start from the beginning. 

Recently, around midnight, a weird bag, coloured red and orange had started appearing every midnight. Rumour had it if you open the bag you are blessed with eternal life or,- actually, no one  lived or came back to tell the tale. There had been gooey, green slime left behind. Scientists are studying it. From all the research, it still seems like an unknown  substance. 

I better stop peeking in the bush at midnight and go to bed. There’ll be trouble waiting for me. Still, I’m just curious. Maybe I’ll ask my friend Tim next midnight? I better get in bed now. Bye!

Tuesday 17 November 2015 12:00 PM
Next midnight, Tim and I snuck out onto the street. Sure enough, it was there. I couldn't let my luck fail me this time.

Tuesday 17 November 2015 12:12 PM
Tim was wearing- “MEOW!” A cat was stuck in the- “WOOF!” A dog too. Carrying on, Tim was wearing brown sneakers, light blue jeans and a t-shirt as blue as the ocean. He took his lasso out-oh, did I mention that Tim was secretly a cowboy? Probably not. 

Anyway, Tim took his lasso out and swung it towards the bag and we pulled the bag towards us and over the goo.

Tuesday 17 November 2015 12:25 PM
I was more curious than ever. Luck, luck and more luck. That was all I wanted for this moment. I trembled like jelly. My shoes felt old and rusty like wood soaked in water for three days. It was time.

Tuesday 17 November 2015 12:39 PM
“Here goes nothin-WHAT?” Our clothes had changed colour as soon as Tim touched it. Now all there was left to do was to open it. It was tense. I knew this was a moment of fear. Also a moment of excitement. Tim knelt down to open the bag……..

Tuesday 17 November 2015 12:45 PM
Poof! Mist surrounded us. Our clothes turn normal now? Whatever. The fog cleared…..YAY! Before us there stood the genie of eternal life! We had done it!

Wednesday 18 November 2015 1:00 AM
Ding! The clock struck one. It was past midnight. The mysterious bag faded away. There was a fading echo. “You have been given the gift of eternal life….Life … life.” The bag was never seen again. In the real world at least,  but I always had eternal adventures in my dreams.

By Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment